Why Red Kite?
We believe that a school based route into teaching will give you the best possible start to your teaching career.
The benefits of training with us include:
- The opportunity to work among a nationally recognised partnership of schools
- A high-quality training experience, delivered by outstanding practitioners, where you will be viewed as colleagues, not 'students'.
- Full access to student facilities at the University of Leeds including accommodation services, library, sports facilities, student discounts, and student support staff.
- An induction programme starting on the first day of term. This will develop your confidence and will build on prior experience at your own pace.
- A 'Progress Leader' who will guide you through all aspects of their personalised programme, from selection through to employment.
- A combination of subject specialism and professional development days delivered at local hubs, reducing your travel time.
- Professional development programme taught by outstanding practising teachers within the Red Kite Alliance.
- Experienced and well trained mentors in placement schools.
- Fantastic employment opportunities in our partnership schools
- Access to additional support after your training year through our Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) programmes.