How to apply
You apply for our courses via UCAS Teacher Training. Click HERE to start your application. Find us using UCAS code 2B9.
Our Entry Criteria
- Applicants should be qualified to degree level, preferably a 2:2 or above (or in their final year of University with a 2:2 or above as a predicted grade).
- For Secondary applicants your degree should be relevant to the subject you want to teach. We also consider related A-Level qualifications where your degree is not directly related. All disciplines will be considered for primary applications.
- All applicants are required to have a GCSE/O'level/iGCSE at grade C or above (or international equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Primary applicants also need a GCSE/O'level/iGCSE at grade C or above (or international equivalent) in Science. New GCSE Grade 4 is also sufficient.
Experience of being in a school and/or working with young people is preferred and will be beneficial during the application process. You can contact us to arrange school experience.
Red Kite Teacher Training are unable to issue Visas and can therefore only accept applicants who are eligible for Home Study (including EU applicants).
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a positive outlook
- Are passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of young people
- Are patient and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are friendly and approachable
- Are enthusiastic about their subject(s)
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Are reflective and strive to improve their own practice
The fee to train with Red Kite Teacher Training is £9,000 and you could be entitled to a bursary or scholarship of up to £30,000.
Bursary amounts will vary depending on your teacher training subject and degree classification.